2011-11-16

The first assignment - A letter to the parents

This is my text, enjoy your reading:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Anderson

Hi!
My name is C and I teach in grade four, your son´s class, at grade school. I'm writing to you to tell you about your son, Simon. For a couple of week now, Simon behavior has change. He seems distracted by something and his result in school has dropped under the last period of time. Simon has also gotten into some trouble that he have never done before. Some of the trouble he has gotten into, are fights that none of the teacher in the school has ever seen him get into before. The change in his behavior is frightening, scary, and all the teachers would like to do what we can to help Simon to get back to his old self. To do that I would like you to come to Simon´s school together with him a day after school to discuss the problems. It would be very good if you could talk to Simon and ask if something has change that doesn´t feel good at home, in school or somewhere else. To me and other teacher he don´t seem to want to tell us if something is wrong.

The only thing we want to do is help Simon so that he see his schooling as a good thing. We want him to feel good and be a happy child.

Please contact me on: 111-1111 so that we can plan a meeting.

With best regards
C

Please leave a comment on the text if you like to.
Thanks for you time.
/C

4 kommentarer:

  1. kolla detta:

    ska Hi! va med? Är inte Dear mr. and mrs. hälsningsfrasen?

    "For a couple of week now, Simon behavior has change" ?weeks, Simon's?

    "he have never done before" ?has?

    Skulle du ha med båda dessa orden i ett brev till föräldrarna "frightening, scary," känns lite mycket och något man kan ta illa upp av

    "he don´t seem" ?doesn't?

    "so that he see his schooling" jag tycker see låter fel ?sees?

    SvaraRadera
  2. I think the most looks good. But in the sentence "For a couple of week now, Simon behavior has change." I think it should be "In a couple of weeks, Simon's behavior has changed."

    And in the sentence "help Simon to get back to his old self." I think you should write "help Simon get back to his old self."

    SvaraRadera
  3. I agree with Marina about the words frightening and scary they seem to hard. But otherwise here are the changes a might have done:
    "I'm writing to you to tell" - I´m writing to let you know
    "For a couple of week now," - weeks
    "Simon behavior has change." - Simons´ behavior has changed.
    "his result in school has dropped under the last" -his results in school has dropped during the last..
    "gotten" (amerikansk talspråk) - got
    "he have" - he has
    "Some of the trouble he has gotten into, are fights" - some of the trouble are fights..
    " none of the teacher" -teachers
    "and ask if something has change" -changed
    "To me and other teacher" - teachers
    "he don´t seem to want to tell" -he doesn´t...

    SvaraRadera
  4. Thanks for the comments!
    The corrected letter will be much better.

    SvaraRadera